Saturday, April 23, 2011

One Year Ago!

One year ago today was very different than today. One year ago we were in the hospital while Molly had brain surgery. It was definitely the hardest day of our lives. Serious highs and lows on an already anxious mind. But we made it through that day and the day after... and some how made it to a year! This week, no matter how much I tried not to think about it, I found myself looking back on everything, and being in awe of where we are today!

Molly is doing AMAZING! Today we had a special Molly day, Nora went to spend the morning with my mom, so Randal and I could take Molly out and about alone. We let her choose, and we ended up at the Children's Museum, then went out to lunch just the 3 of us. After that we went to pick up Nora, and the family went to ride the carousel and let her make a bunny at Build A Bear. Yup, today she got spoiled! I know, I know, but I think we do a pretty good job not treating her different or spoiling her most of the year, but today was special, and fun! She deserved it after the day she had a year ago.

And because no post is complete without a cute picture, here is Molly pretending to call her friends on my old broken cell, aka her phone! I should video tape these conversations, SO funny!

3 comments:

  1. I think it would be super hard not to treat her differently sometimes, and others (maybe) you completely forget that she had all of that craziness (maybe not?). It is AMAZING how she has been in the past year. I am still in awe! :)

    Glad you guys had a fun day! Hope to talk to you soon! What is your schedule like on Monday? You should FB it to me, and then I could call you when you're not busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you guys on Saturday and was hoping that you were having a fun "Molly Day". I am so happy for you guys and so proud of Molly she is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly deserves to be spoiled on this day. Sounds like a day that many special memories were made - how perfect.

    ReplyDelete